Breakers on but no power to outlets and outside light

Old 10-19-05, 06:52 AM
Rroxon7
Visiting Guest
Breakers on but no power to outlets and outside light

I don't understand how this could be......One circuit is dead but the breaker is not tripped...It is an older California home with an outside panel..the breaker is 20 amp...and the panel is a cutler hammer....I've changed the breaker thinking this would be the problem but still no power.......Thanks for any advice.......

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-05, 07:04 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is the entire circuit dead? Or are only some of the items on the circuit dead?

Is there a GFCI on this circuit that needs to be reset?

Have you used a tester to determine if the circuit is entirely dead or if a wire has become disconnected somewhere?

What receptacles are on this circuit?

Old 10-19-05, 11:11 AM
Rroxon7
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your input........There is no GFCI on the circuit....and yes the entire circuit is dead.......there are outlets in a spare bedroom along with a ceiling fan....also the livingroom outlets and ceiling fan with outside lights...I believe those are the only switches and outlets there are on that circuit... I havent tested the outlets or anything since i'm not that educated on electrical wiring.......I have some knowlege buttttt........Thanks again.....Any information would be greatly apprieiciated.........

Old 10-19-05, 11:24 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rroxon7
I believe those are the only switches and outlets there are on that circuit
This is information you should know. This information could save your life someday.

Determine if there is anything else on the circuit. After you know what is on this circuit IN IT'S ENTIRETY, and after you have made sure that the breaker is properly turned on, and after you have used a tester on the not functioning receptacles, post back with your answers/results. We'll go from there.