Electrical power to address box

Old 10-25-05, 07:28 PM
driver
Visiting Guest
Electrical power to address box

I have a box on the outside of my house that shows the house number at night. This box has 4 bulbs, 7volts like the ones used in Malibu lights. There is a wire connected to the box which runs through the garage wall. I am sure this wire goes to the circuit breaker box. I am also sure this box is powered all the time. Just recently the lights went out to the box. I would like to fix the problem. What is this box hooked up to and how is it powered? Can anyone help? Thanks

Old 10-26-05, 04:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am afraid without actually being there, and looking at your situation, there is no way to know for sure.
Have you traced the wire?

Old 10-26-05, 08:20 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
As we point out here from time to time, it's a good idea to map out your electrical system, identifying what is on what breaker, before things go wrong. That's because it's so much more difficult after things go wrong. I know this doesn't help you any, but I'm hoping that other readers will use your situation to see the need to do it now.

Do you know what breaker controls this fixture?

By "powered all the time", do you mean that the lights were always on during the day too.

Have you replaced all the bulbs?

Old 10-26-05, 08:49 AM
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
I have seen units like this that are powered by the doorbell transformer. You might want to start there.

Old 10-26-05, 05:05 PM
driver
Visiting Guest
Andrew, thanks! it was powered by the doorbell transformer. I would have never figured that out on my own. I REALLY appreciated your time in helping. Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: