lights in three rooms flicker

Old 11-01-05, 03:42 AM
mike7705
Visiting Guest
Angry lights in three rooms flicker

I have a headache my house was built in 92 but the man who finnished it was a do it your selfer that cut alot of corners. my problem is that my lights in three room flicker all tha time ,but they are not on the same breaker any advice would help. mike

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-05, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do all the lights flicker 'in synch', or are these lights individually flickering? In other words, if you are looking at two of the lights, will they both get dim at the same time and bright again at the same time?

Is the flicker very rapid and random, or do the lights dim noticeably and solidly for a couple of seconds and then get bright again? Do you ever notice anything coming on at the same time (eg the fridge motor starting or a pump running)? Do you have a well?

How many different breakers are involved? What is their relation in the panel?

If you turn off all but one of the problematic circuits, does the flickering on the remaining circuit go away or change character?

Right now I am just grasping at ideas, and I am hoping that these questions will provide a better clue.

-Jon

Old 11-01-05, 11:52 PM
mike7705
Visiting Guest
lights

I havent listened to see if the pump is running ,but when i turn one or all three lights on they dim noticibly and flicker and come bright again. i have to lok at the pannel when i get home to see their relation. i wonder if the breakers may be loose on the pannel?,but why would three different breakers do it togethers. its a pain in the a.. i hate to turn on a light because it happens constantly. thanks for the reply
mike