culter hammer breaker help

Old 11-08-05, 08:37 AM
culter hammer breaker help

i have a cutler hammer sub panel...i need to change a 220 volt 30amp breaker back to a 20 amp 110 volt,for window aircondtioner.there is all different name breakers in the box,which was done by a liscenced electrician and all works fine.im going to put in 2 -20 amp 110 breakers in the spot where the 30 amp was.1 still for new 16000 btu 110 ac unit,and one for future attic fan and lighting line...
now question is the panel gives me breaker types to use..cutler hammer...bd,bq,bqc,br,brd,brsn,and brwh...what is the difference im lost..please advise which is the best to use for 12 gauge 20 amp lines.well the ac line is 10 gauge...thanks for the help guys
also i see reconditioned one online,do you guys recommend them or make sure i buy brand new...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-05, 08:54 AM
i think i got it....br and bd is the ones i would use...br being single 15 and 20 amp breakers,and bd being 15 and 20 twin breakers....hd has them online i will have to check my local store hopefully they have them....again if you experienced guys could verify this for me i would appreciate it...thanks again

also i have on my neutral bar 2 smallers slot for the 2 neutral wires for these breakers..and there is 3 larges screws located on the bar also,if i wanted to put a twin breaker in,could i use the larges openeing on the nuetral bar for a 12 gauge wire...thanks again