need info on shielded cable drain bond wire


Old 11-11-05, 07:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
need info on shielded cable drain bond wire

I posted a message earlier about an humidistat that I have to run 18awg wire to the outside air sensor. The company told me I have to keep it 10' away from any high voltage wires or florecent lights. I was told to use shielded cable/drain bond wire! I don't even know what this is? Does anyone out there know what this is? and where I can buy it? I never even heard of this stuff but then again I never heard of alot of stuff in todays world. Give me the 70's anyday! Any help on what this is and where I can buy it would be very helpfull? I just hope it doesn't break the bank! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-05, 08:03 PM
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,767
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think they are talking of shielded wire that has a foil covering, ans a bare wire with it.
Old 11-11-05, 08:48 PM
Andrew's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 996
Received 7 Votes on 5 Posts
Go to any electronics store and they will have what you need. This is basic shielded audio cable.
How many conductors?
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: