Bad wire in the wall

Old 11-15-05, 06:52 AM
tcdalton
Visiting Guest
Question Bad wire in the wall

I am a desperate female new to this but frustrated.Please be patient with me.
The problem is I have 1.5 story house built in the 1940's. I called upon an electrician. He stated the light switch in the family room was bad. He quoted me $75 to put new wiring in.Then he called me back and stated it was the ceiling light/fan went bad.I went and bought a fan. Then he called back and stated it was a bad wire in the wall.He put the wires on the outside of the wall with a covering. It looks awful. I still dont know why he didnt put the old light/fan back up if it was in deed the wiring in the wall. fan cost $60 plus i had to pay him $225.00. Is their any way to have the wire put back into the wall to the light switch or would the rafters get in the way if thats what you call them. Its about 6 feet over and 4 feet down from the light/fan.Any advice would be great. Thank you Cindy

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-05, 07:18 AM
If there is an accessible attic above the room, and if the switch is on an interior wall, then it should not be that difficult.

If you don't meet the above conditions, then some wall damage/repair may be necessary. This is easier if the walls are drywall than if they are lath and plaster.