Single or double pole

Old 11-21-05, 03:48 PM
Single or double pole

I am going to replace a thermostat for baseboard heating. In my research, I have seen both single and double pole thermostats, but don't know which I need. Advice, please? Thank you. Paula

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-05, 04:11 PM
What voltage is the baseboard? If it is 240 volt then double pole is better but you can use single pole. For 120 volt only single pole is needed.

Old 11-21-05, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by PMartin
I am going to replace a thermostat for baseboard heating. In my research, I have seen both single and double pole thermostats, but don't know which I need. Advice, please? Thank you. Paula
Hi, depends on if you have 120 volt baseboard heat or 24O volt. 120 volt is single pole only. 240 volt can be double pole or single pole. Most 240 are double pole. Do you know the manufacturer of your baseboards? Can you give us the Model # and voltage rating ie 120 or 240? We might be able to locate on the net and get a better picture of what you need.

Old 11-21-05, 10:25 PM
Single or double pole

Thanks, guys. I will scope it out and write again if it is not clear once I look at the voltage. I am hoping to get a programmable thermostat, and I think that Honeywell makes one for line voltage systems. Paula