What should I expect to pay?

Old 12-02-05, 04:16 PM
6t7goat
Visiting Guest
What should I expect to pay?

I need to have a 50 amp line run in my garage to power an oven used for powder coating. My Breaker box is about 10 feet from where I need the plug to be located. My house is three years old so the electrical service is up to date. What kind of ballpark am I looking at to have an electrician perform this service? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-05, 04:34 PM
You don't say where you live, which matters.

Actually, I don't think it would be very expensive, relative to other major electrical jobs, with everything being all in the same room and near the panel. Sometimes getting into the panel cleanly is the most time-consuming part (and time is money.)

Of course, a real estimate is going to require seeing what you have to work around and getting the proper material (wire, receptacle, circuit breaker, etc.)

Age of the electrical system doesn't mean as much as you might think. How big (amps) is the panel? Do you have two empty slots for breakers next to each other?

ROUGH guess is between $200 and $400.

Old 12-04-05, 09:06 AM
Ok,

Here is what you are going to pay for....

1.) The experience of the electrician to know if your panel can handle the additional 50 AMP draw needed for the circuit. It is not just as simple as" do you have the space in the way of openings " you need to have the space in terms of capacity.

2.) Is the panel surface mounted or flush mounted...trust me as an Electrician it matters to me when I give pricing for obvious reasons.

3.) The best answer is this......Most electrical contractors give FREE estimates so I suggest you call 2-3 of them and have them give you a quote and make sure they LIST what you are getting to you can compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.....

It is very hard for us to give a price online because of the local issues and your specific situation but again EC's are more than happy to give you a quote for free in most cases.