New Receptacles, old wall

Old 12-05-05, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Receptacles, old wall

I'm finishing a room that has one finished wall. That wall has no receptacles. This room is on the ground floor, with a cement foundation, so the only options to run cable are either from above, or cutting a lot of drywall to run it through the wall.

If I run it from above, is it ok to run the cable down to an old work box, and then run another cable back up to then go along the joist and back down to the next to repeat the process all over again? I haven't been able to find any real good resources on adding more than one receptacle to an existing wall. Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-05, 04:57 PM
If the project will involve drywalling and painting the other walls anyway, then I'd just rip the drywall off this wall and do it the easy way. But if you don't want to do it that way, you can do it the way you described too.

Old 12-05-05, 04:59 PM
MXSparx
Visiting Guest
You can do it as you described. Just make sure the old work boxes you use will handle the number and size of wires you are using.

Old 12-05-05, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm not big on pulling the old drywall out, and the extra cable is less expensive than all the drywall work would be. I appreciate the help.