Bathroom Heater Fan Motor - Replacement

Old 12-09-05, 03:06 PM
Bathroom Heater Fan Motor - Replacement

Does anyone have a lead on where I may be able to find a replacement fan motor for an old Nutone Bathroom Heater? Nutone doesn't manufacture them any more and I have been unable to find them locally. The heater is one of those round recessed units with about a 1100-1500 watt circular coil element and is over 40 years of age.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-05, 03:19 PM
It is usually cheaper to replace the unit with a current one.

Old 12-09-05, 03:45 PM
You could check with your local motor repair shop, or check grainger dot com if they will sell to you, as they are typically wholesale only.

Old 12-09-05, 04:11 PM
Consider buying a new Nutone fan, and just using the motor out of it. It's probably easier to find and no more expensive than buying the motor alone.

Old 12-09-05, 06:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You could go to www.nutone.com They now have a parts store on line.
When I worked for them, we stocked a few really old parts. Since that time, they were bought by Broan so I don't know what's left. The manufacturing plant in Cincinnati has been shut down for the past six months so any newer items are actually being built by Broan with the Nutone logo.

Old 12-09-05, 07:38 PM
Typically when a company is bought out, the support for older products tends to get lost in the shuffle. Microfilm parts list disappear. Production of older parts is discontinued. Etc. This happened with Thermador ( more than once!), Tappan, Amana, Broadway Faucets, etc.

Old 12-11-05, 09:16 AM
Wow, 40 years of service!

You could take the motor out and down to a place that sells motors for appliances/air conditioners, or as someone has mentioned, check grainger.com. While they only sell to wholesale, you may be able to ID the motor in order to find it elsewhere.

At 40 years though, I'd be inclined to replace it with a newer unit.