Outlet in the Cupboard

Old 12-25-05, 08:36 PM
jseiler
Visiting Guest
Outlet in the Cupboard

Four years ago when we had our house build, we had out builder put an outlet in our cupboard that sits above the microwave to hide the power cord. This worked out great for hiding the wire and now I want to place another outlet in a seperate cupboard on the other side of the kitchen. There is in outlet about 2 feet down below the cupboard that I can tap off of, but it is on the other side of the stud.

Does anyone have any recommendations as how I could install the outlet in the cupboard without burning down my house ?

Thanks !!

Last edited by jseiler; 12-26-05 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-25-05, 08:43 PM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not having your wall right in front of me to see anything that might preclude this:

My first step is usually to cut the hole for the "old work" or "cut-in" (tigergrip, battleship box, etc.) and then use that hole to figure out how to penetrate the stud.

Just take it step by step.

Old 12-26-05, 07:09 AM
J
Received 515 Upvotes on 420 Posts
I don't think you are allowed to tap into the kitchen counter receptacle for this. Counter receptacles are for counter only.

Old 12-26-05, 08:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You built an out house 4 years ago? I am surprised you have electricity in the home!

Old 12-26-05, 09:10 AM
jseiler
Visiting Guest
^^^ Yeah, it even has a headed toilet seat for the winter months

I'll try and post a pic link of the wall. The cupboard actually has a built-in desk under it, so this is just a regular non GFCI outlet.

Thanks !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: