AC converter

Old 01-03-06, 03:52 PM
AC converter

Hello. I recently purchased an ellitpical aerobic exercise machine and did not realize until I had assembled it that it is powered by 4D batteries. Instead of spending a lot of money on batteries, I'd like to convert to AC and I assume that I would use an AC converter. The machine is not readily equipped for an AC converter so I would have to connect the wires myself and this is where I am a bit lost. How would I go about figuring out polarity and I guess even determining where to start? Thanks for any and all advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-06, 04:40 PM
You don't convert this to AC. It's designed to run on DC 6 volts, so DC 6 volts is what you feed it. Radio Shack should be able to set you up with an AC-DC adapter.

Old 01-03-06, 05:36 PM
Thank you for your help and for steering me in the right direction. One further question, will I have a problem determining polarity when connecting the wires?

Old 01-03-06, 06:49 PM
D batteries have a positive and a negative side. The adapter will have a positive and a negative output, which will be marked. Depending on the type of converter you may be able to switch the polarity with a switch. You will want to get the positive to where the positive side of the D batteries connected, and the negative to where the negative side connected.

Old 01-03-06, 07:14 PM
Again, thank you.