i need a book on how to post a question&reply to answers

Old 01-05-06, 06:28 PM
i need a book on how to post a question&reply to answers

someone tell me how to use this forum; could they have made it any harder to ask a question or reply to an answer

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-06, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by jwatters
someone tell me how to use this forum; could they have made it any harder to ask a question or reply to an answer
Just press the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of the message to which you want to reply. Then after you're done, Preview Post, make corrections, and Submit Post.

I'll tell you what though, the first day I signed up and used this site I wrote a detailed post and then when I previewed it vaporized. That left a bad taste in my mouth but I've had no trouble since then. So hang in there. It will get easier.

Old 01-05-06, 06:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
On THIS PAGE look for a button on the left that says "New Thread". Click that and it will bring up a page for you to: enter a title for your question and enter the question in the message part.
Then you click "submit" near the bottom.
Simple as that.

To answer, you can do as Arg said and hit quote. This will quote the whole post of the person you are replying to. If you do not want to add the quote to your reply simply hit "reply" at the bottom of all the posts.

Old 01-05-06, 08:39 PM
For most situations, please do not use the "Quote" button to continue a conversation. That just leads to redundant information in the thread, making the page take longer to download and taking more time to read. Simply use the "Post Reply" button.

And as Speedy says, use the "New Thread" to ask a brand new question on a new topic.

In summary, use the "New Thread" button to start a conversation, and the "Post Reply" button to continue it.