Hard wiring wall sconces

Old 01-10-06, 06:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hard wiring wall sconces

I received my wall sconces today. The fixture is set up to be hard wired with all the hardware to attach it to a J box but the fixture is wired to be plugged in. The directions say that it can be hard wired but give no direction how to do it. How do I change the wires to that I can hard wire them?

Old 01-10-06, 06:45 PM
R
You seem to be contradicting yourself. In the same sentence you say that "The fixture is set up to be hard wired" and that "the fixture is wired to be plugged in." Please describe what you have so that it is less ambiguous.

Old 01-10-06, 07:22 PM
Sorry. What I mean is that the fixture looks like any other hard wired fixture. It has a bracket that connects to the juntion box with the center screw to affix the fixture to it with a nut. There is a green nut on the fixture to attach the ground wire. The only thing is does not have is a black and white wire coming from the light socket. It has a cord with a plug. The instructions say it can be hard wired but do not give any indication on how to modify or change the wire.

Old 01-11-06, 09:19 AM
I answered my own question. I went to Lowes and bought a new socket with the hot and neutral wires and I'll just replace the socket that has the plug.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: