moving outlets

Old 01-14-06, 06:13 AM
J
joeil
Visiting Guest
moving outlets

ok over the summer my basement was flooded. the wife and i figure it would just be easyier (cheaper) to tear every thing out and start over. but we want to keep the electric for it was never in the water.. and it does work just fine.. my problem is this now that im knee deep i figure its a good time to move some of the outlets to where i want them. is there a way to just add some wire to move the outlet or do i have to pull it all out and start over? the box is only about 2 feet from where i want it. any help will do.. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-06, 06:30 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you'd have to install a junction box everyplace you cut and connect just to end up with a bad end product that most likely wouldn't pass and inspection. you could add wire to the last receptacle in the run but other than that it's easier to get a roll of wire and start over.

Old 01-14-06, 06:39 AM
J
joeil
Visiting Guest
i had thought the same thing too.. thank you

Old 01-14-06, 07:15 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you need a new receptacle two feet from an existing receptacle then just use three feet of wire (or whatever is needed based on the best route) and add the new receptacle. It does not have to be at the end of a run.