tripped breakers

Old 01-21-06, 01:21 PM
Exclamation tripped breakers

I was tring to find out which circuit breaker controls the light in my attic. When I flipped one of the 15amp breakers off, no problem. When I tried to flip it back on it keeps tripping and it is also tripping another 15amp circuit breaker. For some reason now the both can not be on at the same time. I never had this problem before and they both were on together, it just started happening when I turn one off and back on. Now I can only use one at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-06, 01:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Unless your load has changed lately, it appears you have a couple of borderline bad breakers. For both of them to trip for no apparent reason and not reset, sounds like a replacement is in order on those two.

Old 01-21-06, 07:11 PM
Thanks Larry, I will try that

Old 01-21-06, 07:17 PM
Is there more to this story? Has anything changed recently?

Old 01-28-06, 09:23 AM
Yes John.
A new breaker was added for power in the attic. That breaker and all the others work fine except those two. I can use one breaker or the other But not both together. For the past week I have used only one of those breakers and no problem. I don't even know what the other breaker powers. From what I can tell every thing in the house is working. But I still don't know why all of a sudden I can't have both breakers on at the same time. I've even tried disconnecting the new line from the breaker box completely, and when I turned the main power back on those two breakers tripped. I just don't know why.

Old 01-28-06, 10:43 AM
Can you explain to us how you wired the new circuit to the attic?

What was the purpose of the new circuit to the attic?

Did you change or move any other circuits wires while you were running this new circuit to the attic?

Is one or both of the breakers that are tripping GFCI type breakers ?

Old 01-30-06, 12:54 PM
tripe breakers

we had this problem down a basement, but someone drove a stapler threw two hots differnt phases. Could someone tie two hots togather differnt phases on your problem. Just a idea.

Old 01-30-06, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lt chelle
I've even tried disconnecting the new line from the breaker box completely, and when I turned the main power back on those two breakers tripped.
GFCI? AFCI?

A regular breaker attached to nothing doesn't trip.