Lessons learned...

Old 01-25-06, 11:10 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lessons learned...

A) The moderators in this forum are Great, friendly, curtious and helpful of course .

B) A great place to put a new out let is ... After running/pulling/pushing/fishing cable by your self ino the wee hours of the morning, you discover that in the middle of the long run you should have gone under a 2x4 and not over it. Wala... a great place to cut the cable and put in an outlet.

C) Pulling and pushing cable as a DIYer, will put kick in the cable. Removing the cable does not remove the kinks but puts in more kinks.

D) If you have to cut drywall to drill a hole though a 2 x 4, to run cable. Carefully Cut a big hole so you can see what cables might also be going though the 2X4. Side note, it is cheaper the patch drywall than have an electrian come and fix the cable you drilled into in the middle of a 2x4.

E) Instead of using a little minor and flash light to see inside of walls, try try using a small digital camera.

I am almost done with my electrical work. And want to thank everyone fo their help. So the warp it up, based on suggestions from here, I hired an electrian to upgrade/replace my 100 amps Frank Adam spit bus beaker box( anyone want it ), with a Homeline? SquareD 150 amp box. I called three electrians in the area and the guy I hired ( ~$800) was the only one to come to the house and look at what I had. The other two gave estimates over the phone (both higher). He replaced the panel, moved meter to outside of house, put in new Service Enrace, and more.
Thanks all,
Tom

Old 01-25-06, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
From what I understand about the labor costs in New Yawk, you got a great deal. He is to be complimented, and you, too, for knowing when to throw in the towel. But don't get discouraged. From what I have seen in the posts, you did a pretty good job.

Old 01-25-06, 03:38 PM
W
WFO
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b4u8cake

B) A great place to put a new out let is ... After running/pulling/pushing/fishing cable by your self ino the wee hours of the morning, you discover that in the middle of the long run you should have gone under a 2x4 and not over it. Wala... a great place to cut the cable and put in an outlet.

Tom
A better term than "do-it-yourselfer" would be "do-it-twicer".
Standard procedure is to do it once, curse, tear it apart, and do it right.
But the great part is, by that time , you DO know how to do it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: