Changing a corner hanging light out

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-06, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Changing a corner hanging light out

In two bedrooms we have only a hanging light that was placed into one corner and it is not enough light. In one bedroom we want to move the light to the middle of the room and install a ceiling fan with lights. How can we move the wire from the corner to the middle for our purpose? If we can't do that, we'd like to put on a wall light treatment. I've seen on tv that these little round recessed lights are very popular. Would it be hard to install these instead? No matter what the end results are, we have to have more light in these rooms. My Granddaughters room is so dark she can hardly see in there. We tried getting a bigger globe but due to the opening size we cannot.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-06, 09:57 PM
Lightbulb

In one bedroom we want to move the light to the middle of the room and install a ceiling fan with lights.
Do you have access to the attic?
Does the circuit have the capacity to handle more load?
Can you run a new cable from your the electric panel?

> little round recessed lights are very popular.
> Would it be hard to install these instead?

For recessed it is better if you have access to the attic.

Have you considered a fluorescent light?
You get a lot more light for the same wattage.

Old 02-07-06, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by bolide
Do you have access to the attic?
Does the circuit have the capacity to handle more load?
Can you run a new cable from your the electric panel?
For recessed it is better if you have access to the attic.
Have you considered a fluorescent light?
You get a lot more light for the same wattage.
Nope, don't know, doubt it, nope. Our attic access is really no access at all, it is located over the lowermost stairs going down into the basement and there is no pull-down ladder or anything. In fact it appears to be nailed shut. We have two breaker boxes downstairs, why two I do not know, I've only ever seen one everywhere we've ever lived before here. This is our Granddaughters room and she wants a ceiling fan. The present light is located in a corner, it gives hardly any light at all. Its a globe light and a small one at that. I've replaced the opaque globe with a clear one and that helps a little but not much. We added a table lamp and when you turn on both lights and the closet light, you still can hardly see in her room. I think this is another case of 'call the electrician' and let the expert do it. Some guy is going to be making some bucks off of us I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Closed Thread