flathead or angled appliance extension cord?

Old 02-09-06, 10:33 AM
flathead or angled appliance extension cord?

(Reposting from Appliances - Electric forum: hope to get some answers here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there such a thing? I am going to plug my fridge, and gas range into the same 2 hole receptacle behind the fridge to hide them. Both appliance connectors show three metal rods (not sure what to call them); two flat ones, and one round one ( for neutral or ground, I guess).

I can not put both in because of the angle of these connectors. I am thinking of using appliance extension cords, but the ones I have seen are made with the same angle.

Are there any angled for flathead appliance extension cords that I can buy and plug both into the same receptacle?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-06, 10:58 AM
Do not use an extension cord. Extension cords are for temporary use only. Replace the receptacle. They make ones with the plugs turned 90 degrees from the traditional orientation.

Old 02-09-06, 11:06 AM
Thanks.

I will go to HomeDepot and see if they have those receptacles that you mentioned.

Since I know for sure that my fridge's cord is able to plug in, but my gas range is a little, well, out of range, I will still have to use an appliance extension cord. If I secure it well enough and hide behind and under the cabinets, will that be OK though?

Old 02-09-06, 11:12 AM
You won't find one of those receptacles at Home Depot. You will have to go to an electrical supply house.

Do not use an extension cord. Extension cords are for temporary use only. Add a new receptacle behind the stove.

Old 02-09-06, 11:25 AM
I hear you loud and clear.

Thank you for your suggestions.