Blueprints

Old 02-12-06, 12:18 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Blueprints

Is there any place online that shows you how to draw blueprints. I am doing a big remodeling project and would like to do the plans like the pros do it. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing and what not will be included in it. Perhaps If I could just look at some other plan I could get the idea of how it is done. Thanks

Old 02-12-06, 01:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You can get some cool DIY home drawing programs for your PC if you want to go that way. Some are quite reasonable.

Old 02-12-06, 04:56 PM
Michaela521,

Like Speedy Petey mentioned you might find something that will help you draw the items mentioned. You mentioned to do this "Like the Pro's do it" is not going to be in a program. That's why 99% of the public hire us to do it for them. You will not find a program that is going to provide you all that you need, the program may be ok to do drawings but all the other issues required by the City is another story that no software program will provide - at least nothing under $100 and I doubt anything for $1,000!

However, my program cost over $3,000 and then it doesn't provide ready made notes for what is required. This is where the experience comes into play. The software is only a tool to create the visual, software doesn't replace or provide the experience needed to know what is the right way or wrong way.

This one is a example but doesn't have all the notes that go along with it as well as all the references to current Codes that must be on the plans. Issues like plumbing normally do not require drawings but this depends on where you live. The same applies to heating. I say this as existing structures will have the usual things that mess up any drawings to actual placement since most things are hidden from view. Things are usually done "on the fly" and adjustments are made on site to make it all work.

However, in new home construction sometimes both of these are required but even I refer those types of drawings to the individual subcontractors. Electrical I have no problem with. When it comes to heating and plumbing, they know what is required and how to make them better than I and I have been doing this a long time!

Click the PDF, Sample Electrical Layout - Large 1 Story Addition

http://www.allprohomeservices.com/pa...7131/index.htm

Hope this helps!

Old 02-12-06, 06:57 PM
Who did your drawings for the remodel?

Michaela521,

Just wondering something, who did the drawings for your "remodel project" or am I assuming that you intend on doing these too?

Seems they would take care of your needs if drawings were done for entire project. These would also be used for the Building Permit application.

Just inquiring

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: