Wall Switch

Old 02-17-06, 06:00 AM
Wall Switch

I am going to add 2 or 3 new lighting circuits outside on a deck and will need 3 light switches to control them. One will control 2 or three lights inside a screen house, 1 will control up to 5 lights on the outside of the screen house and 1 will control at this point, some low level lighting that will light up the deck. I will need to have 3 way switches since I want to control them from inside the screen house and inside my home. The problem is where I want to mount the wall switch inside my home there are already 3 switches on the wall so adding 3 more would be a bit to much. Is there a light switch that can control more than one circuit of lights. That way I can use the existing space that currently controls 3 light circuits so that is can contol 6.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-06, 06:14 AM
Yes - I have one in my kitchen. I bought it on line. It was made by Pass and Seymour. I think it is called a 3 position switch. It has one switch that occupies half the front of the device and two switches that split the remaing half.
The only problem with this switch is that you have to be careful not to exceed the box fill limit.

Old 02-17-06, 09:45 AM
They make light switch in setup that has two switches on one yoke. It fits into one box and uses duplex switch coverplate. The swithces come in single and threewy combinations.
The problem with using these in your situation will be box fill. It is not likely that all the new required wires will fit into the existing boxes.