Glass top stove problem

Old 02-23-06, 07:43 AM
Glass top stove problem

My left front burner on my new glass top stove isn't working properly. I do understand that all the burners react to the surface temp by spuratically cutting on and off. But my front left has A.D.H.D.!!! It cuts on and off immediatly and incorrectly right from the moment I turn it on. On high, the surface barely ever reaches medium. Any ideas? Something to check on? It's a brand new stove, but I purchased it privately. So the "call the store" idea isn't gonna cut it for me on this one.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-06, 08:08 AM
If it's new, it should be under warranty by the manufacturer and they are who need to be called. Please tell us what brand it is and we may be able to direct you to the correct number to call. Taking anything apart in an attempt to repair this yourself will likely void the warranty.

Doug M.

Old 02-24-06, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by dougm
If it's new, it should be under warranty by the manufacturer and they are who need to be called. Please tell us what brand it is and we may be able to direct you to the correct number to call. Taking anything apart in an attempt to repair this yourself will likely void the warranty.

Doug M.
It's a new Maytag, 4 burner, black glass top, stainless oven. Don't recall the model #. I bought it from a guy on Craigslist. He bought it for a new home, then the home fell out of escrow b4 he could put his new appliances in. Is it still covered in that case?

Old 02-24-06, 12:43 PM
Is it still covered in that case?
Probably. Call Maytag Customer Service at 1-800-688-2002. They will need the model and serial numbers from the stove. Both should be located on a label either at the bottom left corner of the oven behind the oven door or at the bottom left corner behind the bottom storage drawer. Simply give them the numbers when asked and tell them that you have a new stove with 1 burner that isn't working correctly. They will tell you if the stove is still covered under warranty (most Maytags are 1 year from date of original purchase) and arrange for service if it is.

Doug

Old 02-25-06, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by dougm
Probably. Call Maytag Customer Service at 1-800-688-2002. They will need the model and serial numbers from the stove. Both should be located on a label either at the bottom left corner of the oven behind the oven door or at the bottom left corner behind the bottom storage drawer. Simply give them the numbers when asked and tell them that you have a new stove with 1 burner that isn't working correctly. They will tell you if the stove is still covered under warranty (most Maytags are 1 year from date of original purchase) and arrange for service if it is.

Doug
Will do! Thank you!