electrical hoy water tank /breakers order

Old 02-27-06, 09:33 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question electrical hoy water tank /breakers order

Going to put in elect. hot water tank. The panel is 150 amps, the breakers are all on one side.The breaks are ethier 15 or 20 I don't think there are no doubles. I will uesd 30 amp double pull breaker number 10 , 2- conductor with ground. Going to put the 30 at the top , do I have worry what breakers across from the 30 [ weather they are 15 or 20 ].
Is there way or order you should put breakers in a panel? I guess the order of them, I was told to put the higher ones [ amps ] at the top. Them someone said, it doesn't matter because of the bus is rated for panel amps or more. Is it ok to put the 30 at the top[ 1 and 3 ] . Like i said , '' the other side has 3/4 full and I really don't what to start to shift breakers around. The other problem is that , i don't know how much slack there is in the panel per breaker.
Thank's for anyones help.
One thing , would this breaker change if you had a few elect. applances.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-06, 09:53 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It doesn't matter where you place the breaker in the panel, as long as the breaker is made for the panel and as long as it is a true 240 volt breaker. Some people suggest closer to the top is better, but it will work at the top or the bottom.

The breaker for a water heater is sized for the water heater. Read the specifications that came with it. The breaker for the water heater does not change based on any other loads in the house.