powering an over the range microwave

Reply

  #1  
Old 03-05-06, 03:06 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1
powering an over the range microwave

I removed my oven hood and used the 15A circuit (which also powers the kitchen light) to install an outlet in my cabinet to power my new microwave. When the microwave runs it dims the lights. I was wondering if I can split one of the 20A wires that leads to a wall receptical to run to this cabinet outlet. If so, should I use the one that only has two outlets (one hooked to fridge), or should I use the line that has three other outlets on it? As a note, we barely use small appliances.
Thanks
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-05-06, 03:33 PM
Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 131
if you mean a wall outlet thats a kitchen countertop outlet then no regardless of how often or not you use small appliances.. a microwave should have a dedicated circuit back to the panel.
 
  #3  
Old 03-05-06, 05:02 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central New York State
Posts: 13,973
Run a new dedicated circuit for the microwave.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'