service panel

Old 03-18-06, 04:06 PM
service panel

I have a 100 amp service into my house. Can I put in a 200 amp service panel?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-06, 04:29 PM
Not too difficult of a job, but a lot depends on how comfortable/experienced you are working with electrical wiring. Are you willing to go without electricity for whatever time it will take you to get it done? An electrician can probably do the job in a half day or less. A DYIer will probably take much longer depending on their experience. You'll need a permit, a PCO disconnect unless you're willing to work the box hot - definitely not recommended (an oops can make you dead) and an inspection by your local electrical official.

Old 03-18-06, 05:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why a 200 amp service panel? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? YOU are limited to 100 AMPS no matter what you do since that is all you have available.
I ABSOLUTLY would not even entertain the the thought of working it HOT!!!! Thats just damn foolish!!! Under most any circumstance.Especialy as a novice.

You would be better off cleanig the SMALL bathroom with bleach and amonia with the doors shut!!!!
So with that said, give us a little more of your intentions, and we can probably find a solution.