Adding a plug outlet

Old 03-20-06, 06:21 PM
Adding a plug outlet

I have one plug outlet in my bathroom & I need two more.....one on the same wall on the other end of a long vanity & one on the opposite wall. Can this be done?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-06, 06:46 PM
Anything can be done. It just depands on how difficult it is. If there is open attic above or basement below then it will be easier. There is nothing in the code to prevent this.

Old 03-20-06, 06:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes, but they must all be protected by a GFCI. The one you have already is a GFCI, so just come off the "Load" side of the outlet and protect the other outlets.

Old 03-20-06, 08:16 PM
There is a basement w/ a drop ceiling below. I am not electrically inclined, although I did change out several (23) light fixtures in my home, I just kept up w/ with the wires. I'm sure it would be impossible to explain to me how I can do this myself. I would also like to have 2 outlets put in the island in my kitchen, basement below as well. Can you tell me approx. what it would cost to have this done...........4 outlets installed? I understand approx.......means approx.! Thank you!

Old 03-20-06, 10:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
After all is said and done: I would guess 1 day labor + materials (take into account travel /stock pick up, quick look,etc. etc.).
Rates:I wouldn't venture a guess, not knowing where you are. Here,( Boston,50 ml. radius) Residential; $50-$65/HR.(LIC& INSD.). So many variables, but it sounds like A day`labor.+-.

Old 03-20-06, 11:09 PM
I live in Newnan, Ga. 30265. I hate wasting your time, thank you for attempting to help me!

Old 03-21-06, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Mantripp
There is a basement w/ a drop ceiling below. ... Can you tell me approx. what it would cost to have this done...........4 outlets installed? I understand approx.......means approx.! Thank you!
MAYBE between $300 and $500.