Cost of running a 240V line for dryer?

Old 03-22-06, 06:29 PM
Cost of running a 240V line for dryer?

I bought a new house but it has Gas hookups for the dryer in the laundry room. My dryer is an Electric, so I am debating what to do here...

How much would it cost approx to have an electrician run a 240V line to the laundry room? The basement is unfinished, so access should not be too hard in my opinion.

Also, Im curious... what's the general consensus nowadays with gas vs electric dryer? Don't think gas will save me any $$$ anymore with hiking gas prices. Probably best to keep my electric dryer and just pay for the 240V line...?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-06, 06:37 PM
The gas will save you money in the long run. Period.

I would sell the electric dryer and buy a gas one.

If the entire run is unfinished excapt for final section in the laundry room, then you might be looking at $100.

Old 03-22-06, 06:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's been so long since I had a gas dryer I don't know. My heating bill is croaking me though!!

As far as wire install, If your handy, You could keep the $ down. If your not.. I think, Depending on where you are, A more realistic price would be around $200.. and it also depends on distance of wire run.

Old 03-22-06, 07:22 PM
I agree with lectriclee. $200 is probably about right because the cost of copper wire has doubled in the past 6 months.