Could use some help here

Old 03-23-06, 06:49 PM
Could use some help here

OK, here goes..... I am remodeling my house and due to the time frame and difficulty of installing new wiring while keeping the rest of the house HOT, I have ended up doing my own wiring ( My knowledge level is better than average for wiring). I so far have installed a new 400A entrance, 2 200A sub-panels, and have pulled most of my wire. My entance and subs have passed inspection......Here is where I need help..... I am soon going to have my pre-drywall inspection where number of outlets per circuit, wire fill, stapling, etc are all inspected. I have some code knowledge, but do not know how many outlets per, where do I need AFCI, etc, etc..... I am in Phoenix and am under the 2005 NEC..... I have tried to hire an electician to walk thru and tell me what to fix, but they dont want to get into "a homeowners mess" ..... Oh well....Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-06, 06:53 PM
Wiring Simplified is a good book to start with. There are others as well. You will be better off reading, as we will all forget things.

Old 03-23-06, 06:55 PM
Try "Electrical Residential Wiring"

by Mullin. He may have a 2005 edition out. I've got the 1999, its nice to have along side the actual code.

Old 03-23-06, 09:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
<>!!!I have tried to hire an electician to walk thru and tell me what to fix, but they dont want to get into "a homeowners mess" ..... Oh well....Any ideas>

Can you blame them!? You think an Electrician is expensive!!??? Try to hire a CONSULTANT.

It's all relative!