GFCI Wiring

Old 04-04-06, 09:39 PM
GFCI Wiring

I want to install 5 GFCI outlets on one circuit. each will will wired to the line side so they will work independant of each other. 3 will service bathrooms and 2 will be outside patio. Will code allow this "mixing" of uses??

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-06, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hooter
I want to install 5 GFCI outlets on one circuit. each will will wired to the line side so they will work independant of each other. 3 will service bathrooms and 2 will be outside patio. Will code allow this "mixing" of uses??
I believe bathrooms have to be on their own circuit. You can put multiple bathrooms on the SAME circuit, but those circuits cannot share other rooms.

Old 04-04-06, 09:51 PM
to install 5 GFCI repectales[ outlets] for one circuit the code is pretty strict with this one

one circuit for bathroom repecales only for all bathroom on one circuit

one circuit for outdoor paito it have own circuit with GFCI as well

[DO NOT tie outdoor circuit to kitchen or bathroom circuit the code disallow this very serious.]

let me clear up with bathroom circuit little more clear you can have all bathroom repecales on one circuit but a catch you can not add any light or fan or any other device on this circuit but if only one circuit for one bathroom only you can have GFCI rep and light on this but cant serve other rooms at all

and each bathroom repecatile must be on GFCI either breaker or GFCI repectale one of the two [ most will use repectale devices anyway]

if need more question please do post it here

Merci , Marc

Old 04-04-06, 09:54 PM
duplicate post....... deleted

Last edited by Roger; 04-04-06 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-04-06, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hooter
Will Code allow this "mixing" of uses??
No.

The math also prohibits this.
What if you want to use two blow dryers at the same time while the curling irons are warming up?

Just because you have 10 outlets on one circuit doesn't mean that you can use them all at the same time.

Well, 10 electric shavers would be okay, but not two blow dryers or ten curling irons.

It only makes sense to run 3 to 5 circuits to support the actual loads. You can use two multiwire circuits to get four circuits of 20A each from just two cables.