Designer light switches....

Old 04-06-06, 09:58 AM
Designer light switches....

Just wondering if anybody has seen anything like these... I was going thru Lowes the other day, and saw these light switches. I'm a big fan but I am wondering whether there's anything like them online cheaper

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4SG&lpage=none

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-06, 12:37 PM
Diabolus - I used Lutron "Satin Colors" designer accessories when we built an addition and renovated a kitchen. I saved around $100 (about 10%) by ordering designer fixtures on the internet when compared to a local electrical supply house. I saved a little less compared to a big box. One big plus for me was the wider range of styles and colors avilable. Whichever way you go, be aware that "designer" devices are primarily designed to separate you from your money. However, what wifey wants .....

BTW - Your Lowe's link doesn't go to an electrical fixture.

Old 04-06-06, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
Diabolus - I used Lutron "Satin Colors" designer accessories when we built an addition and renovated a kitchen. I saved around $100 (about 10%) by ordering designer fixtures on the internet when compared to a local electrical supply house. I saved a little less compared to a big box. One big plus for me was the wider range of styles and colors avilable. Whichever way you go, be aware that "designer" devices are primarily designed to separate you from your money. However, what wifey wants .....

BTW - Your Lowe's link doesn't go to an electrical fixture.
Oh, I know about how they just separate me from my money... but we spent so much on redoing the entire downstairs, I figure a few hundred in quality and 'pretty' looking switches won't kill me

Old 04-06-06, 03:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have used those devices and I must say they are real nice. I am partial to Cooper devices anyway.
I don't know if they are available anywhere else though.

Old 04-06-06, 10:34 PM
> Your Lowe's link doesn't go to an electrical fixture.

It worked for me after a brief pause while I entered my Zip code.