Timer on pool pump

Old 04-14-06, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Timer on pool pump

My pool pump runs on 110, and it's an inground pool, I need to put a timer on the pump, would I go thru the on and off switch to hook up the timer? and what sort of timer would be best?
Thank You Jeannie

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-06, 10:19 AM
You need to buy an inline switch and install it in the electrical line somewhere. The somewhere depends on whether you want the switch inside or outside and where you actually want it.

You may have to add some additional cable, as simply cutting the cable probably won't allow you enough slack.

Old 04-14-06, 12:49 PM
before i can post a website of this manufacter for timers but the question about timer where is the switch will be located and do you want the pump come on at reguar time or what ?? because there are quite few diffrent verison i can post it here but need more info first before i can post it here

merci , marc

Old 04-14-06, 07:26 PM
My switch is on the wooden fence beside the pump, I was hoping to keep the timer in the same area, and yes I want to set it to run 8 hrs aday and then shut off, I just bought a new replacement hayward super 11 pump and haven't installed it yet, needed to find out if I could put a timer on at the same time, the pump is a 1hp. If that mattered???? I don't know. Please any assistence would be Soooo greatfully appriciated. Thank You Jeannie

Old 04-14-06, 07:30 PM
Intermatic sells an outdoor rated timer. They have 240 and 120 volt models. They are not cheap, but do a good job.

Wire it before the shut off switch, so that it will always have power.

Old 04-14-06, 09:21 PM
as racraft mention the Intermatic do have outdoor timer yes it will work with this system let me get the link so you get the idea with this

http://www.intermatic.com/?action=subcat&sid=174"

this is the outdoor ratied pool pump timers there are few diffrent verison you can used here but the cost is not cheap but very good qualty wise and pretty good on durbitlty wise and yes there is electronic verison too

Merci , Marc