Replace blower circuit in downdraft cooktop vent?

Old 04-17-06, 11:28 PM
Replace blower circuit in downdraft cooktop vent?

I have a Thermador stove with a Downdraft retractable vent. The blower stopped working shortly after I bought the house, and I make an anual attempt to figure out why it is not working.

The snorkel goes up and down, and the "fan on" light illuminates, but the blower does not start. I am wondering if there is a fuse that I can replace. I have seen some references to this (as in "have a qualifies electrician replace..."), but that is all.

I notice that there is a small "15 amp" reset type switch on the bottom of the power junction box. I can't seem to press it though. It does not "give."

Anyone have an idea, or do I have to finally call someone?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-06, 09:38 AM
You can visit their web site for information on your downdraft. http://www.thermador.com
Their customer support number is 1-800-735-4320. You can also download PDF documents that provide owner and installation info.

There are a number of things that could be causing the blower not to operate including the blower speed switch, the blower itself could be bad or obstructed, the blower limit switch might be bad or the switch circuit might be faulty. have you checked for voltage at the blower?
I don't think there is a fuse or a reset for the blower. I believe that the junction box provides power for the entire unit. If there was no power coming out of the JB the DC snorkel motor wouldn't work either.

Old 04-20-06, 10:17 PM
I have a jennair that is simular and encounted the same problem. I went to a local appliance trade supply store and bought the fan on/off switch. That was the problem. Check that out