Overhead door opener

Old 04-30-06, 06:10 AM
Bob P
Visiting Guest
Overhead door opener

I have a Raynor overhead door opener. The opener works fine except for the fact that the light does not go off like it used to after a couple minutes. What could be the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-06, 06:30 AM
Could be the timer is bad, could be the switch to turn the light on manually is on and you don't know it.

Old 04-30-06, 06:41 AM
Garage Opener Light

I had this same problem a few days ago. I knew nothing about the opener because I just bought this house. However, I started flipping switches on the wall, and presto. The light went out. I doubt this applies to you as you probably installed that opener. But, I also noticed that my remote for the opener had three buttons. One which turned the light on and kept it on. This may not be your resolution - but was so simple, it took me hours to figure out.

Old 04-30-06, 08:37 AM
Don't you just love previous owners that don't keep any of the house mechanical documents?

Old 04-30-06, 10:08 AM
Mechanical Documents

Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
Don't you just love previous owners that don't keep any of the house mechanical documents?

Wayne, what are mechanical documents? Should I be keeping these? I bought this house last July, and since then, I have replaced the water heater with a lifetime guarentee, French doors to the patio, etc. I plan on doing many more things.

Old 04-30-06, 10:47 AM
When you own a house you should keep every owner's manual for every appliance that you have. That includes what are traditionally considered as appliances (washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc), and also things like sump pumps, garage door openers, water heaters, furnaces, etc.

Somewhere along the way you (while you own the house) or the next owner will need to know something about at least one of the appliances.

Fortunately today you can often find the information on line, or have the manufacturer send you something by calling them, but nothing beats having the information right at your finger tips when you need it.

Old 04-30-06, 03:35 PM
Mike - I have a file cabinet drawer devoted to stuff about my house. All the owners manuals for appliances, heaters, garage doors and openers, well pump, hot water heater etc.
I also have every permit I've pulled, all the materials I've purchased, and all the improvements I've made (with plans) over the last 20 years.

Old 04-30-06, 03:54 PM
It could be a Triac controlled lamp shorted on.