Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

Kitchen receiving one receptacle from an adjacent room (code question)

Old 05-11-06, 06:30 AM
magicalpig
Visiting Guest

I almost fully understand the requirements of the NEC concerning kitchens, specifically the minimum 2 small appliance circuits. I understand that they're only meant to serve the kitchen, pantry, dining area.

There's one wall in my kitchen that requires only 1 receptacle, but getting any of the small appliance circuits here would be difficult.It would be much easier if I could use the circuit in an adjacent room.

By doing this, does the adjacent room circuit change definition? does it now become a kitchen circuit that is being shared with another room, even though it serves all the other room's needs and only serves one receptacle in the kitchen? I think I know the answer. By the way -- I already have my 2 required SA circuits in the kitchen without introducing this circuit from the other room.

Thanks

Old 05-11-06, 06:34 AM
magicalpig
Visiting Guest
12/3 and then 12/2 ?

oops - deleted

Old 05-11-06, 06:37 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where in the kitchen is this receptacle and what does it serve?

It most likely needs to be on one of the existing or on a new small appliance circuit.

Old 05-11-06, 06:44 AM
magicalpig
Visiting Guest
It will be about knee height on a wall that does not have anything on it (no countertops or cooking equipment) other than 2 doors (one for pantry, one down to basement)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: