Ordering Irregular Wallplate Online?


Old 05-15-06, 06:36 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 278
Ordering Irregular Wallplate Online?

I need a wall plate for a 3 gang box that has two duplex receptacles and one toggle switch. I checked a couple of big box stores and they don't carry one. I was hoping to find a place online where I could just order one rather than having to go to an electrical supply store.

I tried Cooper Wiring Devices site, but couldn't find what I need there either, unless I was looking in the wrong place.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-06, 07:24 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 2,041
Taking a quick look thru some catalogs I did not find that. One quick way is to change the receptacles and the switch to "decora" style. Then a regular triple decora will do it.
Old 05-16-06, 04:48 AM
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: us
Posts: 385
I found modular face plates at Lowes. Its sort of a build your own face plate. I stumbled upon it after searching in vain for a similar problem.
Old 05-16-06, 05:12 AM
itsunclebill's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver, CO area
Posts: 221
Most electrical supply houses carry this kind of stuff. The P&S part number is SP182, with a suffix for color. The Leviton part is # 88047 (white) - other colors are available.
Old 05-16-06, 10:18 AM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 133
My Cooper Wiring Device Cat. shows what your are looking for under #PJ28A. The PJ28## is the format . The ## is for diferent colors.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes