Outdoor Lamp post remote switches

Old 06-02-06, 05:40 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Lamp post remote switches

I am looking for advice. My elderly mother's home currently has 2 brick lamp posts about 75' away from her house. the lamps are not wired. She would like these lights to work for security reasons. The problem i have encountered is that of no preexisting switch to turn the lights on or off and it would be a major project in this 100 year old bungalo to wire these lights up. I do have a conduit drop to the outside wall closest to the lights thatmy father had installed. If i can find some sort of in circuit remote switch she could turn it on and off with a remote that she could have with her in the house and in her car. I would install a "main" light switch in the basement before the wire goes out of the house to the lamps. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Old 06-02-06, 05:51 PM
Bob33
Visiting Guest
Not sure I got a full understanding of the situation; but perhaps a timer that is hard wired into the circuit would solve the switch access issue as it could be programmed to turn on-off without having to fool with a switch.

Old 06-02-06, 06:13 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Also, a pair of screw in photocell sockets would give all night lighting and be off during the day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: