Wiring Shed

Old 06-07-06, 03:21 PM
Wiring Shed

I have a 10 x 12 storage shed in my backyard. I took a heavy duty extension cord that plugs into my outdoor GFI then burried the cord in 30' of pvc conduit and ran it to the shed. What I would like to do is have an interior light and a plug in receptacle, and maybe even an outdoor light. When the power is not in use I will unplug the cord from the GFI. What is the safest way to hook up the power. Thanks IHD

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-06, 03:59 PM
Everything that you have done so far is not to code and unsafe.

I suggest you call a licenced electricain to find out how to fix the problems.

Old 06-07-06, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by IHATEDRYWALL
I have a 10 x 12 storage shed in my backyard. I took a heavy duty extension cord that plugs into my outdoor GFI then burried the cord in 30' of pvc conduit and ran it to the shed. What I would like to do is have an interior light and a plug in receptacle, and maybe even an outdoor light. When the power is not in use I will unplug the cord from the GFI. What is the safest way to hook up the power. Thanks IHD

what you been describing this is surefire way to dangerous pratice there.

best thing is get the electrician or get a serious do it yourself wiring book it will explain more clear how to do this in safe manner.

the outdoor extison cord is ok for tempory useage but to use it perment this is a big no no and you can not run the extinson cord underground [ this is not approve for underground at all ]

so again it is your choice get a electrician or buy yourself a wiring book or go to libary and find about the wiring project it will expain pretty clear there

Merci , Marc