Toggle Switch Protector/Cover

Old 06-19-06, 11:33 PM
Toggle Switch Protector/Cover

I'm looking for a toggle switch (light switch) cover so the switch won't get flipped. The ones I found a few years ago at Home Depot were a white plactice cover that attached with the wall plate cover screws. I've also seen metal ones that still expose the switch, but the metal on each side of the switch extends out further than the switch so it can't be flipped.

The items I'm looking for sell for less than a dollar each. I found the metal ones on line, but a minimum order had to be something like $10 and then the cost of shipping was added onto that that made it cost prohibitive to place the order.

I have checked Home Depot, Lowe's, you name it I've probably checked it.

I don't need the fancy $20 locking cover, etc. It's for the inside of my living area so need something discreet like the plastic and metal ones described above.

Thanks for any help.

Just wondering if anybody knows what I'm talking about and knows where to get them.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-06, 12:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's to kid proof it, that's one thing, but if you just don't want it accidentally turned off (or on) how about just a piece of white bandage type tape. Looks terrible in the living room but would be fine in the garage.

Old 06-20-06, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by ILUVPKRS

I have checked Home Depot, Lowe's, you name it I've probably checked it.

I don't need the fancy $20 locking cover, etc. It's for the inside of my living area so need something discreet like the plastic and metal ones described above.
I am pretty sure I've seen these at Ace Hardware in clear plastic. They are notched for the typical builder-grade narrow toggle switch. Presumably you've also tried Wal-Mart and so on. Sorry I can't be more help.

Old 07-11-07, 09:26 AM
Switch cover

I found 2 sites with the switch cover. One sells individually for $2.69 +S&H and the other sells a 4 pack for $9.99 +S&H. Go to www.wallplatewarehouse.com or www.improvementscatalog.com. S&H can be higher than the cost of the item, so I'd get the 4 pack in case you find another switch that needs covering.

Old 07-12-07, 09:24 PM
Just bought a two pack the other day at Lowes. It is a white plastic round semi-circle covering the switch with one side open. Westek brand "switch guard".