Flex conduit fittings not working

Old 06-26-06, 10:31 PM
Flex conduit fittings not working

I am trying to connect two 3/4" liquidtight flexible non-metallic conduit runs to the bottom two holes of a weatherproof single gang box. It won't work because the liquidtight straight fittings don't fit side-by-side on the bottom of the box. Went to HD to figure out what to do and that was a pointless trip. No employees were seen ANYWHERE!

Is there another way to get this to work? I saw a weatherproof box that had a 3/4" hole on the side of the box along with the hole on the bottom and top that would work for me, but I can't find them at the big box stores. I need to figure this out quickly because my new pool pump and filter need power.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-06, 03:37 AM
fitting adapter

You could try offsetting one of the fittings by attaching it via an added nipple extension. Try, say, a 1-1/2" pipe nipple connected into the box through a mating Chase nipple. The rest is obvious.

Old 06-27-06, 12:09 PM
Also if you are using the massive cast aluminum fittings, which are sometimes the only kind to be found at my local HD, try the more compact plastic ones.

Old 06-27-06, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by jstonemo
Went to HD to figure out what to do and that was a pointless trip. No employees were seen ANYWHERE!
And if they HAD been there ?!?!?!

Old 06-27-06, 10:29 PM
In my dream world, if an employee had been there, they would know all about electrical and would even come over to my house to do it for me.

I did the longer nipple on one of the holes and it works fine. However, my problem is that I have 3/4" flex conduit going to a pool pump that has 1/2" knockout! Didn't see that coming when I should have. Going to see if they have a reducer that is 1/2" mip and 3/4" fip.