Outdoor Lights

Old 06-29-06, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outdoor Lights

Hello, I may be thinking over my head but just have to ask. I have two open slots for breakers in my service panel and would like to use one for outdoor plugin sockets. Can I come off a 20A breaker with outdoor grade 12/2 romex, stapled to the bottom of the floor joists to the outside edge of my 1973 mobile home and branch off with 3 or 4 outlets for use with x-mas lighting or power tools ect. If the wire is not touching the ground at any place does it need to be incased in anything? The first outlet from the breaker box would be a GFCI outlet. Thank You.

Old 06-29-06, 04:19 PM
R
You cannot staple to the bottom of the joists, but you can staple to the sides of them.

Old 07-12-06, 07:25 PM
Thanks, is there a certain distance up from the bottom they should be? My floor joists are 2x 6.

Old 07-12-06, 07:33 PM
L
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wink

If not mistaken, you can install a "running board" across the joists, Thus eliminating the need to drill each one. Staple at least half way up the joist,The higher the better,the more outa the weather.

Old 07-22-06, 04:50 PM
Not sure I know what you mean by "installing a running board "accross the joists

Old 07-22-06, 05:03 PM
R
A running board is a piece of wood nailed to the bottom of the joists, running perpendicular to them. It is used when you need to run cable perpendicular to the joists but you don;t want to drill through each one to run the cable properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: