service connection estimate

Old 07-04-06, 08:26 AM
service connection estimate

Purchased a 2300 sq ft modular and the company is charging $900 to hook up to meter base. The work would consist of mounting meter base to outside of house, running wire & conduit to main panel and then connection inside of pane. The run is no more than 25'. My co-op provides the meter and meter base and will trench in the service from pole to house. Does this seem too much for this service? If so any idea how much I should pay?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-06, 08:53 AM
nap
I would assume they area also installing a GEC system as well.

I can't remember what the last price I heard from my boss was exactly but this doesn't sound out of the range of normal if my memory serves me somewhat well.

The other question is, what is the poco charging you to dig in the service lateral or is this getting paid through the electrical contractor?

Old 07-06-06, 01:33 PM
Not sure what you mean by GEC System. The co-op charged $100 for temporary service and is going to charge $1.50/ft to trench in power from pole to base (175'). Those are the only charges other than the $900 connect fee from breaker panel to meter.

Old 07-06-06, 07:55 PM
nap
GEC grounding electrode conductor
That would be the two ground rods, the bonding to water pipes, gas pipes (if performed in your locality), and any other bonding required and the wires that go between all of them.

Actually it is more accurately termed the grounding electrode system. I was a bit tired when I responded to you.

As I posted before, It doesn;t seem way out of reality. Hopefully one of the resisdential guys will take a peek at this thread and give some input.

Old 07-06-06, 08:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not a bad price.
In order to expand, we MUST know where you are, Prices differ from area to area. We are all from different areas, so therefore you could get a more acurate estimation.

But, 1 guy a day,(after stock and pick up then moving to the next job etc. over 3 hrs, charge for the day. INS. gas etc.)

Old 07-07-06, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the GEC definition. They would also be installing two 8' grounding rods for the $900 price. Lectriclee, I'm about 90 minutes due S of Toledo, OH.