Recess light ring hanging

Old 07-15-06, 08:14 AM
Anandtd
Visiting Guest
Recess light ring hanging

Hi,

I noticed that one of our recess light ring is hanging a bit off the celing. Of course that doesn't look good. And also i hear somewhere that it could leak our cool air into attic and puts unnecessary burden on the a/c unit.

Now what to do to reseat the ring. (should i be using some adhesive to put it back?) or is it a ring that i should just screw in .. it didn't look like that though.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-06, 08:26 AM
I am not the expert here but most I have seen either have tabs that hold them into the ceiling or a spring ring that holds it to the fixture. Good luck and watch this post for the experts answers.

Old 07-15-06, 08:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
pull the trim down, you will see how it is held in. Either by springs or tension wires, These may need to be tweaked a little to re snug the trim.If it is a texured ceiling, you may take a small putty knife and smooth out under the ring.

Old 07-25-06, 05:04 PM
Anandtd
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by lectriclee
pull the trim down, you will see how it is held in. Either by springs or tension wires, These may need to be tweaked a little to re snug the trim.If it is a texured ceiling, you may take a small putty knife and smooth out under the ring.

Thank you very much. It was easy ... two springs that i had to reset. Appreciate your help.

Old 07-25-06, 05:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Anandtd
Thank you very much. It was easy ... two springs that i had to reset. Appreciate your help.
THANK YOU!
It's nice to hear back how a project came out or if advice was usefull.