Basement Electric Wiring

Old 07-24-06, 05:13 PM
Question Basement Electric Wiring

Hi, I need help on basement wiring. I have one singe wiring that handles 4 light switches and 6 outlits to a single breaker (15amps). Now the basement is complete so I'm trying to do as little damage as possible. In winter, the breaker went out maybe once or twice but ever since the summer arrived, the beaker goes 2 to 3 times a day. What is the best way to fix this problem withoutout passing new wires to a new breaker. The breakers are like switches (sorry, don't know the proper name).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-06, 05:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by ramacima
Hi, I need help on basement wiring. I have one singe wiring that handles 4 light switches and 6 outlits to a single breaker (15amps). Now the basement is complete so I'm trying to do as little damage as possible. In winter, the breaker went out maybe once or twice but ever since the summer arrived, the beaker goes 2 to 3 times a day. What is the best way to fix this problem withoutout passing new wires to a new breaker. The breakers are like switches (sorry, don't know the proper name).

Thanks
Right out of the box... We must determine WHY the ckt breaker is tripping. Then we can figure if you need repair or additions.
So is there an A?C unit on this ckt in the summer, and a small heater on it in the winter? Thanx.

Old 07-24-06, 07:11 PM
Yes, this basement is used as an Entertainment room. After unplugging certain units, I've noticed that it's been stable ever since I disconnected our electric fireplace. I'm starting to beleive this is what is causing it. Unfortunately, where is situated I cannot install a direct wire to the switch box.
Any suggestions.
Thanks

Old 07-24-06, 07:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sorry , it appears the solution to be a new ckt.
Now If you can explain the construction of the room and "paint" us a picture, we may be able to come up with an answer.

Old 07-24-06, 08:51 PM
If adding circuits is totally out, then you need to give up on some of those appliances, or locate them elswhere in your home on another circuit.