Electricians, and those with the NEC book, quick question

Old 07-25-06, 09:11 AM
Electricians, and those with the NEC book, quick question

Question:

What is the max amperage allowed, per site at a “Family Campground”. This should be different than a mobile home park. I believe 30 amps is the maximum at a family campground.

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-06, 10:21 AM
What do you mean by "family campground?"

An RV park conforms to NEC 551.71 which states what percentage of sites must have 50A 125/250V receptacles and what percentage must have 30A 125V receptacles.

A mobile home park must provide a 100A service for a dwelling. Big difference.

Old 07-25-06, 11:27 AM
This is supposed to be a campground, however has been converted by default to mostly 100% semi-perminately fixed homes all on a lake front. Meaning, the house is on blocks, not on wheels.

Very sticky territory, I know. Im thinking because of the nature of the "campground", only 30amps is allowed.

Old 07-25-06, 12:04 PM
There seems to be some confusion in terms here. You are asking what is the maximum allowed amperage. I belive there is none.

The code specifies minimums. You could run 200 amp services to each location if you want. You would then need to use the proper fuses or breakers to connect the individual trailers.

Since most have become semi perminant dwellings, I would say that 100 amps each minimum would be required.

Your local building dept can help you sort it all out.