Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

How to find Electrician who has experience with underwater lighting?

Old 08-08-06, 06:18 PM

This maybe a stupid question but does anyone know what questions one should ask to find out if an electrician really knows what they are doing when it comes to underwater lighting? Does working around pools require special training or do all electricians know what to do.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-06, 06:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
When you say "underwater lighting" are you simply referring to a wet niche light in a pool?

If so just ask if they are expereinced with wiring pools. The light is only one important item out of many in wiring an inground pool.

Old 08-08-06, 08:53 PM
From my experience most electricians (i include myself) dislike doing pools. because there is ALOT more than meets the eye. As far as lighting, just ask an electrician if he does pools but you might get a better price if you can find a company that just does pools (we have alot of those around here...)

SthrnAMP

Old 08-09-06, 04:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In my area there is NO WAY I'd let a pool company do the electrical. In fact few do.

I like doing pools and do a few each year.

Old 08-09-06, 10:02 AM
Local restrictions where I live prevent the pool guys from doing the electrical work themselves, but they know who to call. Ask a local pool builder for a referral.