Electrostrip Plugs

Reply

  #1  
Old 09-29-06, 07:06 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrostrip Plugs

Good morning everyone. I am searching for any information as to where I might be able to find certain electrical plugs from a product called the "Electrostrip," which was marketed in the mid to late 1950s. The female plugs snap into the Electrostrip and can be moved along the length of the strip to a desired location. Unfortunately, our "fixer-upper" 19-teens era house has several of these strips and only three plugs that I can find. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Will
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-29-06, 08:19 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 97
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Interesting product, never heard of it until now. I did find this page from Siemens Canada, http://www.siemens.com/page/1,3771,1069414-1-20_0_0-31,00.html, it appears to have some information on the product. It may not be compatible with your older equipment, but it's worth a call anyway. I'd say Ebay is your best bet for turning up some salvaged plugs, but I searched there today and didn't find anything currently listed, but there is an expired auction (do a search for "Electrostrip" in Completed Auctions) from few weeks ago for some Electrostrip stuff.

Best luck in finding some material!
 
  #3  
Old 05-25-07, 05:11 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: welland ontario
Posts: 7,104
Received 133 Votes on 119 Posts
I know this is an old post but I found this. It appears to have been invented in 1968 so it might no be the same thing

http://hillsupplies.com/cgi-bin/search/subproducts.pl?qs=5137&sb=commodit&d=02%2001&ft=1
 
  #4  
Old 08-29-08, 04:18 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, MN, USA
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wclifton View Post
Good morning everyone. I am searching for any information as to where I might be able to find certain electrical plugs from a product called the "Electrostrip," which was marketed in the mid to late 1950s. The female plugs snap into the Electrostrip and can be moved along the length of the strip to a desired location. Unfortunately, our "fixer-upper" 19-teens era house has several of these strips and only three plugs that I can find. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Will
I have several of the clip on outlets that I purchased in the 1970's from an electrician who had removed some during remodeling. They are ivory in color. I would be happy to send them to you. I would prefer finding a source for something like this as I am about to do some remodeling myself, but I would like to get the plugs to someone who can use them.

Chuck
 
  #5  
Old 08-29-08, 07:59 AM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,997
Received 40 Votes on 35 Posts
The original post was from 2 years ago. I hope the OP has found help since then.
 
  #6  
Old 10-04-08, 12:02 PM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ccwkswdsw View Post
I have several of the clip on outlets that I purchased in the 1970's from an electrician who had removed some during remodeling. They are ivory in color. I would be happy to send them to you. I would prefer finding a source for something like this as I am about to do some remodeling myself, but I would like to get the plugs to someone who can use them.

Chuck
Chuck,
Do you still have those ivory clip-on-outlets for Electro Strip? They would very much be appreciated for my1950s- vintage house, which has the ElectroStrip installed in two rooms, but there is only a single working clipoutlet for the two rooms. I would like to buy the clips from you. How many do you have, and how much do you want?
 
  #7  
Old 06-16-09, 12:04 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrostrips available

We have six electrostrips (and more stripping if anyone wants that also) available if anyone is still interested in buying them.
 
  #8  
Old 08-28-09, 05:31 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrostrip receptacle plugs

Originally Posted by fisherbaird View Post
We have six electrostrips (and more stripping if anyone wants that also) available if anyone is still interested in buying them.
Yes I am interested in buying the plugs from you. Provide me details. thanks - R J Thompson
 
  #9  
Old 08-28-09, 08:57 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
electrostrip plug receptacles

Originally Posted by fisherbaird View Post
We have six electrostrips (and more stripping if anyone wants that also) available if anyone is still interested in buying them.
I am interested in possibly buying the six receptacles from you.
Send me details.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks--Ron
 
  #10  
Old 08-28-09, 09:13 AM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 21,119
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
RJ that was one post from 2 months ago....nothing before or since.

I would be real surprised if you hear anything.
 
  #11  
Old 08-29-09, 05:12 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by isthispossible View Post
Chuck,
Do you still have those ivory clip-on-outlets for Electro Strip? They would very much be appreciated for my1950s- vintage house, which has the ElectroStrip installed in two rooms, but there is only a single working clipoutlet for the two rooms. I would like to buy the clips from you. How many do you have, and how much do you want?
Check Siemens # E3R3 Electrostrip receptacle plug. At your local electrical wholesale or supplier.
Hope this helps--Ron
 
  #12  
Old 11-18-09, 09:03 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrostrip outlets WANTED!

Hi - I'm looking for some of those 1950s outlets that work with the baseboard electrical strip produced by Bull Dog Electric Products during the 1950s and 60s. If you have any, I would be interested in buying some. Please contact me! Thanks. Regards, Peter
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: