Electrostrip Plugs

Old 09-29-06, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Electrostrip Plugs

Good morning everyone. I am searching for any information as to where I might be able to find certain electrical plugs from a product called the "Electrostrip," which was marketed in the mid to late 1950s. The female plugs snap into the Electrostrip and can be moved along the length of the strip to a desired location. Unfortunately, our "fixer-upper" 19-teens era house has several of these strips and only three plugs that I can find. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Will

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-06, 08:19 AM
Interesting product, never heard of it until now. I did find this page from Siemens Canada, http://www.siemens.com/page/1,3771,1069414-1-20_0_0-31,00.html, it appears to have some information on the product. It may not be compatible with your older equipment, but it's worth a call anyway. I'd say Ebay is your best bet for turning up some salvaged plugs, but I searched there today and didn't find anything currently listed, but there is an expired auction (do a search for "Electrostrip" in Completed Auctions) from few weeks ago for some Electrostrip stuff.

Best luck in finding some material!

Old 05-25-07, 05:11 PM
Received 133 Votes on 119 Posts
I know this is an old post but I found this. It appears to have been invented in 1968 so it might no be the same thing

http://hillsupplies.com/cgi-bin/search/subproducts.pl?qs=5137&sb=commodit&d=02%2001&ft=1

Old 08-29-08, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by wclifton View Post
Good morning everyone. I am searching for any information as to where I might be able to find certain electrical plugs from a product called the "Electrostrip," which was marketed in the mid to late 1950s. The female plugs snap into the Electrostrip and can be moved along the length of the strip to a desired location. Unfortunately, our "fixer-upper" 19-teens era house has several of these strips and only three plugs that I can find. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Will
I have several of the clip on outlets that I purchased in the 1970's from an electrician who had removed some during remodeling. They are ivory in color. I would be happy to send them to you. I would prefer finding a source for something like this as I am about to do some remodeling myself, but I would like to get the plugs to someone who can use them.

Chuck

Old 08-29-08, 07:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 40 Votes on 35 Posts
The original post was from 2 years ago. I hope the OP has found help since then.

Old 10-04-08, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by ccwkswdsw View Post
I have several of the clip on outlets that I purchased in the 1970's from an electrician who had removed some during remodeling. They are ivory in color. I would be happy to send them to you. I would prefer finding a source for something like this as I am about to do some remodeling myself, but I would like to get the plugs to someone who can use them.

Chuck
Chuck,
Do you still have those ivory clip-on-outlets for Electro Strip? They would very much be appreciated for my1950s- vintage house, which has the ElectroStrip installed in two rooms, but there is only a single working clipoutlet for the two rooms. I would like to buy the clips from you. How many do you have, and how much do you want?

Old 06-16-09, 12:04 PM
Electrostrips available

We have six electrostrips (and more stripping if anyone wants that also) available if anyone is still interested in buying them.

Old 08-28-09, 05:31 AM
Electrostrip receptacle plugs

Originally Posted by fisherbaird View Post
We have six electrostrips (and more stripping if anyone wants that also) available if anyone is still interested in buying them.
Yes I am interested in buying the plugs from you. Provide me details. thanks - R J Thompson

Old 08-28-09, 08:57 AM
electrostrip plug receptacles

Originally Posted by fisherbaird View Post
I am interested in possibly buying the six receptacles from you.
Send me details.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks--Ron

Old 08-28-09, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
RJ that was one post from 2 months ago....nothing before or since.

I would be real surprised if you hear anything.

Old 08-29-09, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by isthispossible View Post
Chuck,
Do you still have those ivory clip-on-outlets for Electro Strip? They would very much be appreciated for my1950s- vintage house, which has the ElectroStrip installed in two rooms, but there is only a single working clipoutlet for the two rooms. I would like to buy the clips from you. How many do you have, and how much do you want?
Check Siemens # E3R3 Electrostrip receptacle plug. At your local electrical wholesale or supplier.
Hope this helps--Ron

Old 11-18-09, 09:03 AM
Electrostrip outlets WANTED!

Hi - I'm looking for some of those 1950s outlets that work with the baseboard electrical strip produced by Bull Dog Electric Products during the 1950s and 60s. If you have any, I would be interested in buying some. Please contact me! Thanks. Regards, Peter