feeding a wire to an outlet

Old 09-30-06, 10:27 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
feeding a wire to an outlet

Are there any tricks at all to feeding a wire!!!! I am installing a bathroom fan, I have access to the attic, and I would like to use the excisting outlet for the bathroom light. Two problems, first I can't seem to remove the exsisting outlet box, it is metal and I don't see any nails holding it in, and second how do i feed a wire down and get it into the oulet???

Old 09-30-06, 12:57 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
First and foremost. You can only use this receptacle if the circuit is 20 amp and if it serves this bathroom only. If it does not meet those qualifications then you must use a different circuit.

Do not attempt to remove the box if you absolutely have to. Removing the box will destroy it, and you will possibly damage the wall as well. Then you will have to replace the box, and possibly repair the wall.

The best advice to feeding a wire into the box is to either run a fish tape up the wall from the box and then attempt to hook it through a hole from the the attic side, or run a fish tape down the wall and attempt to feed it into the box, or catch it with a hooked wire.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: