Faking a car stereo antenna?

Old 10-03-06, 07:34 PM
Faking a car stereo antenna?

What would be the best way to fake an antenna for a car stereo that I've installed inside my house? It's a sony plain jane tape deck, and I need an antenna for it to pick up radio. What would be a good route to go? Do they sell just the plug-in part at auto stores, without buying a whole antenna set? I want to spend as little money as possible, as well as try and not get dirty going to a parts yard and fooling around trying to rip one out of a junker.

Are there substitutes for this? I mean it's basically a big RCA looking plug, I don't know how it attaches to the cord, whether it's separable or inseparable, are there any other places to look where I might find one for cheap? Does any other electronic use them? Anything I could use in its place?

Thanks.

PS- I thought that this should go here, as it's really more of an electronics type question than anything else, sorry if I'm wrong. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-06, 07:47 PM
I would swing by the auto parts store, and see what they've got. I f my memory serves me well, they do sell the antenna cable seperate, and that just may be enough to pick up a signal. Otherwise you'll have to connect an antenna.

Old 10-04-06, 06:27 PM
Just stick an appropriately guaged wire into the hole. Works for me.

Old 10-04-06, 07:49 PM
Yep, that did it.

Thanks.