Wiring????

Old 10-08-06, 09:03 AM
Wiring????

I'm making a spud gun, but I want two ignition sources with series wiring.

BUT I always get confused between parallel and series wiring... so I made 2 diagrams. Which one would be a series?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Bayside/Chamber.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Bayside/Chamber-1.jpg

Thank you,
Ryan-John!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-06, 09:15 AM
Neither.

Go from + on the battery to + on coupling one. From - on coupling one to + on coupling two. From - on coupling two to - on the battery

That would be series, but I do not know if that is the correct way to wire a spud gun. lol

Old 10-08-06, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by jwhite
Neither.

Go from + on the battery to + on coupling one. From - on coupling one to + on coupling two. From - on coupling two to - on the battery

That would be series, but I do not know if that is the correct way to wire a spud gun. lol
Ok followed your instructions and got this! See the screws? Well there needs to be a spark to ignite the propellant inbetween them at the same time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Bayside/Chamber-2.jpg

Old 10-08-06, 10:38 AM
that last drawing would be series.
I assume you are gonna put a switch in, and when you close the switch both sparks should happen at exactly the same instant.

The voltage and amperage of your battery needs to be sized so that both are twice what is needed at each coupling.

Old 10-08-06, 11:29 AM
that last drawing would be series.
I assume you are gonna put a switch in, and when you close the switch both sparks should happen at exactly the same instant.

The voltage and amperage of your battery needs to be sized so that both are twice what is needed at each coupling.
Would a piezoelectric grill starter do? ... probably not... or should I use a 9-volt battery? and Where should I put the switch? on the (-) or (+) wire?

Thanks for the help thus far!

Old 10-08-06, 11:39 AM
it does not matter if you put the switch on the + or -

As for the rest I have no idea. I do not know what voltage/amperage etc it takes to fire the gun.

Old 10-08-06, 11:42 AM
it does not matter if you put the switch on the + or -

As for the rest I have no idea. I do not know what voltage/amperage etc it takes to fire the gun.
Alright thx anyways! I will post pictures, and possbily a video when I'm all done if you'd like!

Old 10-08-06, 12:26 PM
Use a coil out of an old car. You can get them from a junk yard for 5 bucks (or maybe cheaper). You can even find 6 volt coils around if you ask.