circuit breaker panel installation

Old 10-12-06, 10:49 PM
Question circuit breaker panel installation

I'm putting up a shop on my place,need to know how to put in a breaker box panel. Have power wire run to shop, just need to know how to hook up to panel,and add breakers after install, thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-06, 05:25 AM
Buy and read at least two books on home wiring, and then post back with specific questions. This is not something that anyone can answer properly in a forum like this. There is far too much information required.

Old 10-13-06, 08:34 AM
Yeah, that's a little cart before horse here! Even after reading books on wiring, there are still some tough design issues a DIY might not know about for something like this.

First question: what wire did you run, how long is it, and what size breaker is it fed from? Is it 120V or 240V? Ground? Neutral?

Also, is your shop inside your house or in a separate building? There are different requirements for outbuildings than subpanels within a building.

Old 10-13-06, 10:16 PM
Thumbs up

Thanx for replies, it's an out building has wire coming in from meter of home on site.Underground cable.Will get back on the project, think just by reading my books and looking at other folks questions,and your input I think I can handle it...thanx, lots of good posts in here...